Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Or a Reasonable Facsimile

I am excited by the way that the un-jaguar portion of society has created a niche for people who may not have created anything really noteworthy themselves but who are really really good at pretending to be people that have. (Maybe there's hope for me yet).

I was at The Pink Floyd Experience last night where I was amazed to find that they can actually sing, and, believe it or not, they put on pretty good show. This is not the type of concert I would ever buy tickets to myself (actually I don't buy any tickets, poor people like me can't buy tickets to go to middle class concerts), but I'm glad my dad took me along. I find that as I get older, the more I appreciate some of the older bands and groups (the ones my parents (father) listened to when I was young.. egad!) that were making music when there was still a way to be genuinely controversial in the music industry. But then, don't listen to me. What the hell do I know about music anyway? (I still like The Pet Shop Boys and Madonna)

On other fronts, the government still hates me and thinks that I owe them a lot of money. Hopefully it's just a mater of them processing their paperwork...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home