Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Hatness

This is the sad hat story.

I had a hat on Monday. I wore it to work. I wore it from work. I got off the skytrain and ran to catch the bus. Then the wind came, and the skytrain tracks have my hat.

I missed the bus I was running to by 20 seconds.

I sat, hatless, for 25 minutes waiting for the next bus. A lady sat near me on the bench. THEN the fattest, ugliest, grossest woman in all of the lower mainland came. She stood beside the garbage can to unwrap her new cigarettes (have you noticed how hideously ugly people always smoke?) and threw the wrapper on the ground. Grrr. Then she wedged her three asses between the other lady and me so that she could smoke. Insult to injury. Then she proceeded to cough. A deep phlegmy cough. She did not cover her mouth. Every time she looked at me I glared at her. She smoked and smoked. But she stopped looking at me. Then the bus came. She tried to be first, but I beat her.

Tuesday I had no hat.

Then I met my dad. We went to Granville Island (birthplace of the hat) and had a whole bunch of fun. We had poppy hamuntaschen, and lemon creme brule tarts, and chai from the island tea company, then we walked all around the market and had roastey chesnuts. Mmmm. We looked at the paper store, and then........

The hat store! :)

I liked the Kangol hat, but it was 62$ before tax. I didn't like any of the other hats I tried on.

No hat for Kim.

Then we went to the store that sells maple candles and other neat things. In that store there was a light blue mostly angora hat. It looked good on me. I liked that hat. My daddy bought me the hat.

Today I have a hat!

Ha ha, in your face stupid bus lady and evil Skytrain wind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home