Friday, May 21, 2004

In the News, Again?

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but hearkening back to a previous post (was that a word?) there is now a big movement in the US all about banning trans fats.

Yep, they've jumped on the crazy bandwagon. Big surprise.

Even stranger, however, is this article I found, it's old, but still the idea seems wrong somehow.

Oreo's are a part of childhood like those rocket popsicles (you know the one's I mean, they were blue and white and red, and we used to run out to those ice cream trucks to be the first kid on the block with a sticky popsicle face).

Anyway, like I said before, banning trans fats is a good idea in theory, but impossible to actually carry out. I mean, really, are we going to start throwing kids in jail for dealing twinkies and ho-ho's out of their lockers? On the other hand, I bet you that a few enterprising Canadians could make a killing (heh heh) bootlegging Mr. Christies stuff... Maybe I should start stocking up, just in case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home