Friday, March 12, 2004

Fucked Up Family, and other shit

Well, as usual, "the family" is a mess of stupid crap. I know, I need to find something else to whine about. Why is it that everyone tends to hate their own blood relations? Is it like when I call native americans "dumb indians"? We hate the ones we're related to because we can and it seems less wrong than hating people we don't really know? Maybe I should join the bandwagon and pick a scapegoat for all of my anger and frustration. Visible minorities seem to work...

Anyway, while I might not like my own, I'm certainly more than happy to join other people's families. I've been adopted into the cousin-hood that is Jim's family. I have a couple of "adopted" sisters. More exciting though, is the idea that I may soon become an "aunt". Just wait until little John-Stamos is born! Christian and Miyuki are graciously providing the lot of us with a crazy little bundle of humanity for us to love from afar. I'm so grateful every time someone else has a child, it means that I have so much longer before I have to worry about the potential disaster that is my own biological clock. Maybe we should plan a baby shower to help them out with things they'll need. Apparently kitchen utensils, products, and appliances are very much in demand... (This is the part where Corinne gets an idea and plans a fun little clubhouse shindig)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home