Monday, December 06, 2004

Things That Hurt

Sometimes it's good to remember that there are many ways in which I can hurt myself.

Lately, I seem to be in a burning phase. I burnt my finger on the toaster. I burnt my hand on the oven rack. I burnt my other finger on the edge of a frying pan. I'm lucky I don't look like something out of one of those terrible Halloween mummy movies.

I'm hoping that this is something from which I will rapidly recover. I don't want to know how much more pain I can inflict by getting any clumsier around very hot objects. I shudder to think of what may happen should I actually undertake the aforementioned baking.

Anyway, I haven't yet reached a conclusion as to whether I should continue to blog. I'm getting back in to the habit of writing daily, but I've discovered that there are some things I don't like about freedom of expression. I believe that sometimes we use media as a cowardly way of eliminating our problems for ourselves. I don't want to become overly attached to such an indirect and trivial form of communication. Maybe I'm taking the whole idea of blogging too seriously. Maybe it's just because people I know read this thing (or they used to). I'm not sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home